Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Issue With My Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 02:53 PM
bigskyram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Issue With My Cummins

Yes, the Common Rails are extremely picky when it comes to fuel and filtration. So please, don't tell me I made a bad decision and should've gotten a different power plant instead.

OK, here's the story. I had an injector kill test done free of charge yesterday (I got a hook up), and with #4 shut off, the engine ran smoother. Cylinders 3 and 4 have new injectors, connecting tubes, and injector lines (the lines had a little corrosion on the mating face). Right now, they have approx 12,000 miles on them. Cylinder 1 has a reman from Dodge, and it's got about 30,000. 2, 5, and 6 about 74,000. When I replaced #3 and 4, I also got a new integrated gasket and a complete fuel rail, also replaced the fuel filter (been running a Baldwin PF7977 5 mic). Been running Stanadyne blue, with a little purple (lubricity). Also, FPPF cetane booster.

Now, with that mentioned, am I looking at another injector (I did contact the vendor I got it from as far as warranty) or is it going to be a little deeper?

Old 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id take this up with the cummins section of the forum bro

Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

running smoother with #4 off, usually means that #3 is the bad one and isnt firing at all... any codes? but yes it sounds like a bad injector, if having injector issues, i always recomend a good set of aftermarket injectors, like the DDP's and go with something small like a 40hp for a stock engine, no issues to worrie about and increased power and fuel millage, but thoes mixed up set of injectors is really no way to go and can cause many issues

Quick Reply: Issue With My Cummins