Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

1100 engine vibration

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 PM
meathead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1100 engine vibration

Hey folks, running this for a friend. Not sure of his year dodge, 90's, 1100 eng. vibration, he's had the torque con changed, harm. bal. checked, injectors changed, and some pump work. I've never seen or heard his truck, so I maybe just shooting in the dark. It is when cold and appears to mostly disappear when warmed up. I have mentioned that for the most part, a vibration should be of something that creates or is created by an uneven contribution of parts that are ether a rotating mass or affected by that rotating mass, hence fuel, etc.. Not being up to speed with all the technical advances of our ever changing mechanical and electronic ware, I would be just guessing, for the most part, at his problem. Just looking to see if there is a newer generation motor head out there that would like to digest a issue that sometimes plagues us all. The harmonics of an uneven running motor is at times a mystery, less the possible disaster of that over time. I understand that eliminating one rotating one item at a time sometimes works, aka: fan, belts, etc., kill test is time consuming, but folks, I'm looking for a spark, maybe just to get the fire going or solve it.

Any takers?

Quick Reply: 1100 engine vibration