Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2008 cummins

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:20 PM
br77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2008 cummins

hi guys, just got a 2008 6.7 diesel after selling my 2003 1500 ram. Is there any programmers out there that are safe for a stock truck? I have a warranty and do not want to void it. Also what is the normal operating temps for these trucks? Sorry this is my first diesel, I love the power and the sound of this thing!!

Old 03-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Uncle Meanie
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a "Sticky" in this section that explains mods and warranty.
It will explain how the dealership can/may/will void the warranty on your truck if you have problems related to a programmer. I have a 5.9 out of warranty so I can't help with the tuner question.
I do believe that the ECM will leave a trace of any programmer installed even if you remove it to get warranty work done.

I bought the Edge with Attitude programmer because it comes with a touchscreen display that has built in gauges. You can monitor several diferent peramaters and it will back down if you get close to exceeding preset limits.
I'm sure there are other tuners that have this function at a better price point.

Quick Reply: 2008 cummins