Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

1998.5 won't take throttle

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 PM
jldodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998.5 won't take throttle

Okay a few weeks ago I get in my truck and crank it, when I go to give it throttle nothing happened. It just kept idling. I shut the engine off and restarted and it worked. I drove it like this for a few days and everytime the pedal didn't work you could shut it off and restart it and then you would have throttle and the truck ran as good as always. A few days ago it quit working all together,now it just idles. So I changed the APPS, recalibrate it and everything with no luck. I checked the codes today and the codes I got were P1693, P0237, and P0382. The truck ran fine and had a good smooth idle and has always held between 12-15lbs of fuel pressure. Have any of you had this problem and would know where to start? Any help would be great.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P1693 just means there are more codes in the computer that can only be pulled with a scanner.

P0237 = boost voltage too low. possibly bad map sensor

here is an article on it: http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd...oltage-too-low

P0382 = grid heater issue. maybe a wire is loose or unplugged? or the grid heater relay is toast... check the grid heater circuit for that one.

so after you changed and reset the apps you are still having dead pedal issues?

I would hook a scanner up to it and check check all codes.

Quick Reply: 1998.5 won't take throttle