Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Banks Six Gun

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 03:22 PM
scp1754
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banks Six Gun

I am looking for any information on the BANKS SIX GUN TUNER. good or bad.

Old 09-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Banks Six Gun

Ive heard good and Ive heard bad. some of the bad things have been that if you have a problem customer service is no where to be found.

another bad thing is that alot of their products are a little on the high side.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:33 AM
bgcntry

My partner has the 6 gun of his 04 3500 dually and we are not impressed.Great power,but you seem to lose fuel economy.We also have developed a torque converter shutter when pulling a load with heavy excelleration.My Stock 04 3500 dually get better fuel mileage and can keep up with his until about 75 mph but i can catch right back up because the six gun does not remove the speed limiter.Some guys swear by banks but i am going to go with bully dog when i am ready for a tuner.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:36 AM
connorgleason
Rookie

I have nothing to say but good things when it comes to Banks Engineering. I've had the Banks 6-gun bundle installed on my 2004 2500 for over a year now and it runs as good as ever. I also noticed a good 2 mpg increase. I've already posted my feelings about the Bully Dog/Banks/Edge....etc.. comparison. From my personal experience and that of some of my friends Banks is the most reliable. One guy had the edge system installed on his Chevy and the transmission went kaput....the other had a Ford F250 with Bully Dog and that was a TOTAL DISASTER!! The device malfunctioned and basically fried his whole computer. $5k of non-warrantied service later it was fixed at the dealer.

I've brought my truck in for service with the Banks kit installed and never had any warranty issues. So, to put it simply....I highly recommend the 6-gun. One point of concern is installation. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend getting it done by a certified Banks shop if you're only a mild to medium wrencher. I think this may be the cause of all the problems you see with computer upgrades.....the idiots trying to save a few bucks by installing it themselves. Personally I saved up to do it right the first time and had it done professionally. If anything was to go wrong....take it back to the shop and have them contact Banks. I'm sure the "poor customer service" arguement is coming majority of the time from people who cut corners during their installation.

Anyway, sorry to be rambling but this is probably the last time I'll post on dodgeforum.com.......my baby is up for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6177%26fvi%3D1

Quick Reply: Banks Six Gun