Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

In-tank fuel pump on 2001 3500

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013 | 09:41 AM
hounds
|
Rookie
Default In-tank fuel pump on 2001 3500

Three years ago I had the 'upgrade' ( supposed by Dodge ), in tank fuel pump installed. Well it died or is dying. It's a POS if you ask me. The old lift pump and IP was sufficient ( with upgraded boost in psi and volume ).
BUT , my question is there an aftermarket in tank pump which is has higher volume and psi than the oem one that I just took out. Actually it is an Airtex and the thing is freak'n tiny.

Can I buy an submersible pump and simply attach it to the existing line on the housing so I can save the fuel level thing. ? I already have an existing external auxilary fuel pump as well.

Rather than doing away with the in-tank pump and loosing my fuel sending unit.

Thanks

Old 08-02-2013 | 12:15 PM
Jigabop
Champion

yes and yes..

first you actually have a desirable fuel canister... you can retrofit it with a vulcan draw straw 5 which is designed just for in-tank pump canisters...

as for the pump itself, one of your best systems out there is going to be the FASS150 titanium. it has air and water separators in it as well as a 2 micron fuel filter.

Hook that up to a draw straw 5 and you will have a fuel system capable of supporting up to 800hp..

Quick Reply: In-tank fuel pump on 2001 3500