Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

03 5.9 starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:00 AM
wolferacing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

I installed the new set of injectors this weekend and thetruck starts up in about 1 ½ seconds. I think my starting problem is fixed now.I will try to post a couple of pics on here.

However on the way to work today the truck started actinglike it was starving for fuel and then stalled completely. I did some cursoryroadside troubleshooting and found my 45 day old FASS lift pump is no longerrunning. I had the truck towed back home and will look at it tonight. Maybe Iwill get lucky and it will be a bad relay or plug or wire? I already checkedfuses. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2014, 08:22 AM
wolferacing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

WOW. I said I checked fusses and did on the truck side. FASS uses an inline fuse. So after I replaced it the FASS pump works fine. Drove to work no issues this morning. Started right up at -2 F. So I think it's safe to say I have fixed starting issues with new injectors. While I was at it I replaced the return line check valve for good measure and installed a fuel filter delete kit. Thanks to everyone who provided some insight to this problem.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats!

Quick Reply: 03 5.9 starting problems