Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Software updates to pcm

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014 | 08:37 PM
moonlight1118
|
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Software updates to pcm

Took my 2006 2500 5.9 to the dealer for service. They called and said the trucks computer needed factory updates. I asked why i had not received any notice about it. They said the factory does not do that. Anyhow i told them to go ahead and do it. When i picked up my truck i noticed that when i put on my turn signals on they start to flash normal, then they start to flash at a much faster rate. I call the service dept. and told them about it and they said it was part of the software update. I wandering if anyone else has had this happen. I think something got messed up when they did the computer. Any info on this from anyone?

WTA

Old 03-27-2014 | 05:49 PM
Jeffs64
Default Updates. PCM

Originally Posted by moonlight1118
Took my 2006 2500 5.9 to the dealer for service. They called and said the trucks computer needed factory updates. I asked why i had not received any notice about it. They said the factory does not do that. Anyhow i told them to go ahead and do it. When i picked up my truck i noticed that when i put on my turn signals on they start to flash normal, then they start to flash at a much faster rate. I call the service dept. and told them about it and they said it was part of the software update. I wandering if anyone else has had this happen. I think something got messed up when they did the computer. Any info on this from anyone?

WTA
Strange how they say it's part of the flash. Just for the hell of it go to your local auto parts store and get a new flasher relay and try that. Maybe the the old one is on its way out. Also if you are hooked up to a trailer when this happens its most Likely a bad ground. Let me know what happens. And yes dodge uses a turn signal relay and not a flasher

Old 03-29-2014 | 09:34 PM
moonlight1118
|
Default Computer up dates

I forgot to mention, that i had installed led tail light about a year ago, and everything worked fine. That is until they did the factory up date on my trucks computer,and the turn signels did not work properly after that. I took my truck back to the dealer and they said it keep saying that i had a burnt out bulb. I said why did it work good until you flashed the computer, they could not answer. I told them to put the computer back to orginal and they said they could not do it. I was not happy with the service manager and told in a nice way that it was a lot of BS. It worked god before and now it does not. Called the place were i bougt the tail lights from and they knew what was wrong, the led lights do not draw enought power,and the computer thinks a bulb is burnt out. So for under $5.00 i bought reistors that mak the led turn signels work. Still think i'm go to call chrysler and complain about what happen, not that it will do any good.

Old 03-30-2014 | 09:34 AM
Jeffs64
Default Dodge dealers

Yeah. Once you change anything that's not stock they will not except any responsibility for anything that goes wrong. They asked me if I changed the air filter box or run biodiesel before they would work on mine. They are smarter than we give them credit for But there not going let on there just looking for a way out. Jeff

Quick Reply: Software updates to pcm