Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Ughhh 47RE issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014 | 11:20 PM
RRussock
|
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ughhh 47RE issues

Hey all,

So I hate to do another post about transmissions but I need some help and maybe descibing my situation will help. I have searched all over the forums to find info on this. Ok so I have a 2001 Ram 2500 CTD with the 47RE obviously. It has 234K on it.

When I take off from a start it will rev very high up to the 3K range before it will shift, the other gears will do the same but usually not as high. Now if it starts to rev high and I take my foot off the pedal and the press again, it will shift. It does it with the lock up too I believe, get up to 45 and it won't lock up, speed will continue rising into the 55mph range then I let off accelerator and press it again and it will lock up.

Now what I have done so far: Output speed sensor, transmission fluid and filter change(absolutely no shavings! clean as could be ), Governor Pressure sensor and Transducer, it has the extra grounding cable(Think I bought it from BD for the APPS). I guess I am going to try and clean all the grounds. Could this be a band adjustment issue? Also I know people were saying you can use a port on the passenger side to test pressure and it is a 1psi per 1mph gain, does anyone have any suggestions where to get a good gauge for this?

Please any help you can offer would be great, I hate chasing my own tail and throwing parts and money at it. I would really like to get Jiggabop or MoparMans take on this, they seem to know a lot on this issue. If you need anymore info, just let me know.

Quick Reply: Ughhh 47RE issues