Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

98.5 24V Tuner Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 05:02 PM
rynsc100
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98.5 24V Tuner Questions

So I bought my 1998 Ram 4x4 about 2 months ago and I'm in love with it. First diesel that I've owned. Anyways the previous owner lifted it and put 35's on it and I can tell the mileage suffers. I get about 13-14 mpg in town. Everything else is stock besides the lift pump which I replaced with a FASS DDRP. I would like to bump the mileage up because according to some research, the computer is tuned for emissions and not mileage.

I've been considering a Tuner, and according to this website, the Quadzilla Adrenaline and Edge Pro Comp are some of the highest recommend. Along with something about "stacks" But I'm not sure how those work exactly.

These tuners require upgraded lift pumps. My goal isn't to really make this thing fast, but I do DD it and would like it to utilize diesel better. Are there any Tuners that would appeal to someone who's plans are to keep it as stock as possible, or I do I need to invest in a new Lift Pump again and then go for a tuner? Any help is appreciated!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would invest in a fuel pressure gauge because no 24v should be without one.

Next a edge ez will probably do what you want. A mpg fooler/high idle switch from DAP would also help especially during the winter months.

I run the adrenaline, compound twins, 6x.013 sac injectors (240hp+ competition injectors), 150GPH lift pump, mpg fooler/high idle switch, and 35" tires. I am getting 15.5mpg average.

Quick Reply: 98.5 24V Tuner Questions