Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need help please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 05:41 PM
dtoxic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help please!

Ok so hears the scoop on my truck it's a 2005 .....5.9ltr.....12v.....only mods are Bullydog GT programmer, 5" exhaust turbo back, Cold Air Intake, and a ATS 48re Stage 2 transmission. O and a 3" lift and big o tires 35s.
Stock injectors put in 7 months ago everything listed above is pretty much new. Now the problem over the past few days I've seen a loss In power so I check for codes got a P2509, P0191, P3225, P0291, I'm needing to solve this issue asap it's my daily driver back and forth to work and need it running correctly so anyone plz help me the Dodge house raped me last time I went there and we're very dishonest and rude. I did the injectors so I'm not stupid I jus did a little reading before hand. Also the last time it was driven 2 days ago had a major loss of power and ac was blowing hot air.....oh and 1 more thing auto zone changed a headlight bulb and took a 8 mm or 10 mm out of the drives side fender well and I've read a few things about that being a ground and was smelling like plastic melting or something so further explanation and some answers would be kindly appreciated.

Last edited by dtoxic; 06-01-2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: add more info on my issues
Old 06-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're all over the place with this post...

and you don't have a 12 valve, you have a 24 valve.

12v cummins engines stopped in 1998 as far as dodge goes...it was 24v from 98.5 on.

P2509-ECM/PCM POWER INPUT SIGNAL INTERMITTENT

P0191-Fuel/Rail pressure sensor performance

your last two codes I have no clue because they are NOT codes.

p0291 cyl 11 injection circuit low... .yeah you don't have a cyl 11..

3225 isn't even a dodge code at all.

so those last two are jibberish or you read/wrote them down wrong.

however rail pressure fluctuations and ecm voltage issues are both not good...

ecm issue is likely either a ground is loose, or a battery cable is loose.

rail pressure can be caused by a plugged fuel filter, pressure getting too high/low which would require a rail pressure gauge...and if you didn't upgrade your lift pump before putting the performance box on there, then that can be an issue as well.