Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

P0483 code-replaced fan-code back-no start?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 02:19 PM
dawazajo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0483 code-replaced fan-code back-no start?

2003 Dodge Cummins,
Best vehicle I have ever owned....Help please?
Got the error code P0483 and good cranking but no start, did some looking and replaced the fan as said everywhere would fix the truck.
After replacement I started the truck which ran, but rough? shut it down and checked things out code P0483 is gone, started the truck a little later fired and ran smooth, like it has always done.
Shut it down, went in the house, cleaned up a bit, back out to the truck and it will turn over like none other, will not start and the code is back?
Also I cannot remember if this is a change from the beginning of this, but now the hum associated with the "wait to start" light does not happen, it is quiet until the two dings and the light goes out. Does the P0483 shutdown these fuel related procedures or do I have a combination of things happening?

I have been battling this for three days so I just went out and cranked it over for what I would call excessive amount of time and it fired, ran very rough for thirty seconds and died, again (gonna cook at starter) and again long crank and started, added footfeed fuel ran a little longer and quit.....help?

Last edited by dawazajo; 08-27-2017 at 02:56 PM. Reason: New development

Quick Reply: P0483 code-replaced fan-code back-no start?