Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

06 cummins problem, help please!

Old 11-20-2018, 12:03 PM
Hollywood31
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 cummins problem, help please!

I have a 2006 dodge ram 2500 cummins. When I first got the truck it didn't run, had a couple of bad injectors. Installed new injectors and it fired right up, ran fine for awhile. Then I started getting a slip from the transmission, I think from maybe 1st to 2nd. if I wanted a somewhat easy shift i'd have to get on it a little then let off and it'd then shift. if I just went normal it'd just run up the rpms and finally shift after it got a little excessive. Then the truck finally started in with the rough idle and excessive white smoke non-stop. Also if I got on it running down the road like id step on it and it'd go but then when I let off itd take a couple of seconds to "spoil" back down. Yes it always has some pull after you release, but not like this. it even sounds really excessive, like kind of when you rev it up in park, that's how it sounds. Any ideas?? please any help would be much appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 cummins problem, help please!