Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

inexpensive fueling mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default inexpensive fueling mod

I found this on another site and I am going to try it this weekend to see how well it works.

what it involves is a 35ohm resistor on the MAP sensor of the HPCR engines. what this does is fool the computer into thinking you are creating boost at low RPM's thus causeing the computer to dump a little extra fuel at the lower RPM's.

from what I have read this only increases fueling by a small amount which aides in decreaseing turbo lag.

even though I cannot get a 35ohm resistor here at work I do have a 33 ohm and a 36 ohm and will see what happens. The MAP sensor runs off a 5v lead and this is what you are tapping into to increase the return voltage. and while the mA increase is there, some performance boxes actualy derive their power off this 5v line so current draw shouldnt be a problem. The increase of 142mA will probably be neglable since the boxes that derive their power off this line draw much more. 5v/35ohm = 142mA if your wondering how I got that number.

I'll keep ya'll informed, but remember, this will not give me 500hp, this might only add a few hp and a little more torque since I am fueling more at lower RPM's

Old 01-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Junior5290
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: inexpensive fueling mod

Your putting a resistor on the 5 volt feed? If thats the case the sensor will have lower voltage supplied and will set codes. Your voltage output out of the sensor will drop also. If it was put on the signal wire back to the PCM. It will also decrease voltage to the pcm. This may also set the check engine light.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: inexpensive fueling mod

negative, whats going on is you are putting a resistor on the 5v input and bridging that to the sense wire. it is not lowering the input but raiseing the sensed output of the MAP to the ECM about .5 or so volts.

I'm hopeing this doesnt raise pressure. Ive been doing a little research and for what I can find it is fooling the computer to hold the injectors open a bit longer.

Quick Reply: inexpensive fueling mod