Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

horn,turn signal, cruise

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:40 PM
rhino1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horn,turn signal, cruise

On my 96 CTD x-cab 4x4 the horn, turn signals and cruise all do not work. The hazards lights do work but has there been any issues in the steering column that could ruin these other operations? The air bag scares me a little since I have not removed a wheel on a vehicle that has one. Any ideas?

FYI- I can signal my turn by cycling the signal lever on and off, this makes the brake light go out on the turn side so drivers know I am making a turn.(brake lights on, rear only)

Rhino
96 X-cab 4x4 CTD
405K miles

Old 02-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Batphreak
Veteran
Default RE: horn,turn signal, cruise

Sounds like a bad clock spring to me. Air bag light should be on too, but that could be a fluke. Don't be scared of the airbag, it comes out as one big piece, just follow instructions. From what I've heard replacing the clock spring isn't too bad, but I've never done one myself.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Shadow Caster
Rookie

Yeah dude I had the same prob with my 02' diesel They put a new clock spring in and it has been fine every since.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:53 AM
rhino1

Thanks for the input. I talked to my buddy at Chrysler and he asked about the air bag light but was also thinking the clock spring. I need that cruise fixed, it is easy to get er wound up to 80-90 mph when a good ol country song comes on. :-)

Quick Reply: horn,turn signal, cruise