Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

goodies

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 04:52 PM
gametrail
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goodies

I think I am trading for a 06 3500 and would like to know of any after market stuff I should get. Like the amsoil filter system or fuel filter system. Anything for better all around performance and longer life for the truck.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: goodies

honestly, I use the fleetguard strattopore filters on mine, they are one step better than stock. The filter that dealerships use is a remarked fleeguard standard filter. The only other filter that I would consider useing would be the donaldson filter that AMSOil carries. it has a better filtration media but also costs a good bit more than the $10.50 Fleetguard Strattopore that I use.

I am currently begining to switch my truck over to amsoil. I am still going to be useing the fleetguard filters since I can get them at a good price. the only other thing I would consider would be a Boost, EGT, and auto tranny temp gages.

the one thing that will make sure the trtuck stays on the road for a long time to come is make sure you have clean oil, clean fuel, and clean air. as long as those three things are good then the trruck will run for a long time.

edit: forgot to add in that Fleetguard is a division of Cummins

Old 02-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Bikertrash

The Amsoil filter may cost a good bit more but it can be cleaned and reused.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:10 PM
gametrail

What does the amsoil system cost? Can you get a http://nicktane.com fuel filter system for a dodge. I have one on the d-max now and they are great. They use a cat. filter and they are great to change.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Bikertrash

I was talking about the Amsoil air filter. Retails for $47.45 but, I can get it to you for 10% off. Their fuel fiter is made by Dahl. I looked into them a while back. Seems like it was about $220 or so. I can't seem to find a price right now. I'll call Amsoil tomorrow.

If you go with that, your best bet would be as a perfered customer. I can make that happen for free if you like.

Paul Zumpf

Old 02-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Bikertrash

I just called Amsoil and they have discontinued the Dahl fuel systems.

Raycore is one that I have had experience with in the 80's. They are another excellent system.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Bikertrash

Here is a fuel system I would consider.

http://www.maesco.com/products/racor...assm500fg.html

Quick Reply: goodies