Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

seat hurts

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 11:32 PM
DAGS
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat hurts

Hi, I have a 2004.5 ctd and I've notice that when i'm in my truck longer the 45 min my tail bone hurts. I have power seats and tried to adjust but it still hurts after a long drive. I don't feel any thing in the seat that would cause this and every thing else is comfortable. Any Ideas?
my wife never says anything on her side of the truck, just drivers seat.
thanks Dags

Old 04-01-2006, 12:40 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran
Default RE: seat hurts

I have an 04 as well, and noticed it immediately. The seats aren't very supportive. The 05's are MUCH MUCH better. But, after a while you will get used to it and it won't hurt anymore.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:28 PM
NJ Diesel
Rookie

I have a 99 2500 CTD with the power drivers seat with lumbar inflator and it's been terrible since day 1. No matter how I angle it-it is uncomfortable. I had an 88 Dodge van with vinyl seats that were 100% softer and more comforable than these. I drove Concrete Trucks for 20 years so I just make believe it's the 'ol days......

Old 06-14-2006, 03:55 AM
carcrz
Rookie

Unfortunately, I think it's a Dodge thing. I just make sure to take my wallet out when I'm driving very far.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:35 AM
hiredgun
Rookie

Yeah, I have a 02 2500 ctd and the same thing . I wish I had my chevy seats in it. The seats are the only complaint I have about my Dodge.[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 06-14-2006, 02:00 PM
dieselram
Captain

I thought the seats in my 04.5 were the best I've ever had, especially on long drives. I guess after three years traveling up and down the east coast in a racing seat and no cruise control, any seat will be great.

I was used to my old seat, so I have the truck seat very ergonomic and upright. Everyone says its too straight, but you may want to try it, might help with lower back and tail bone pain/numbness.

Quick Reply: seat hurts