Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

saftey recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 04:32 AM
DAGS
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saftey recall

hey I just got a saftey recall in the mail for 2003 through 2005 doge ram hd auto and diesel. Its for a out of park alarm system. D.C. says they will install this for free just contact you dealer .
Has any one had this done yet? wondering what it sounds like? and will it kick up to high idel in nutrael ? I like to let my ctd warm up in Nutrael when its cold.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:08 PM
DIEZEL24V
Default RE: saftey recall

I received the same safety recal. It only effects the 4 speed auto according to them. I noticed it from day one I picked up the truck that you really had to push the shifter into the PARK position but I lived with it.
They will do mine this Friday so I will let you guys know.

They are also replacing a "sensor" in the tranny electronics that somehow went bad. I noticed that every once in a while I get a delayed response when pulling away from stand-still to about 10 Mph. Almost like the tranny is slipping but w/o actually making any RPM's... according to the dealer it is minor...

We will see I guess... for now I have 43000 on it after 9 months and I LUV the truck. The MPG is getting better by the month ( 19.5 Hwy ) and 16.5 ( local ) and I drive it like I stole it.

Good Luck to all - Mike

Old 04-09-2006, 12:56 PM
donnie
Professional

What this recall does is when you open the door while in reverse, the lights flash and the horn honks similar to an alarm.
Personally Im not going to get it done as I have another system that tells me when the truck is in reverse.
Its a backup alarm of a D9 cat tractor.
When I do take the truck in for service, Im going to have the high idle activated.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:30 AM
LGCDEVIL

New guy here. I had this done to my '04 2500 4X4. A couple days later I'm hooking up my trailer at 3:00 am and the freaken horn goes off. Neighbors loved it. Only took about four honks before I realized what was going on. Guess I should have paid a little closer attention to the recall letter. Anyhow, next time I'm at the dealer I ask them to reverse the procedure and they refused (safety concerns). Does anybody know how to un-do this deal? Is the procedure similar to how you disarm the seatbelt alarm?

Old 07-24-2007, 02:32 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

I personally wont have this done until they make me... the dealer is claiming the DMV is going to force all safety recalls to be done before registering is complete here in CA at some point. If that ever happens... my kids in WA will be getting a call to register it there...

Old 07-24-2007, 03:22 AM
timesublime
Veteran

Scared the skattole out of me when it happened to me, skip the "downgrade" if possible.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:44 AM
LGCDEVIL

Yep, it's a bad deal. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Old 07-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Hiloram
Professional

Word is no way to reverse it once its done. Don't do it! It wakes up all the neighbors early in the morning.

Quick Reply: saftey recall