Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Does anyone run MMO in their crankcase?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 06:51 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Does anyone run MMO in their crankcase?

I've been using the MMO PSD mix for a month or 2 now and it constantly gives me better milage. So after reading the bottle and seeing that you can dump it in the crank I used the 2000 ram I had as a test vehicle. EVERY morning when I started the truck, i'd hear the valve train rattle a bit for about a minute and then it would go away. I decided to put what was left of a bottle of MMO to the test in the 2000 and the next morning I fired it up and it purred like a kitten.

SOOO, I then checked with the wife on using some in her truck since she has a daily driver 2002 dakota with a 3.9 motor and religously keeps track of her milage. I put only 12 oz in her motor to top off the level to the full line. This morning she e-mailed me that she's getting 1.7~2.0 mpg better since adding the MMO.

So my question is... has anyone used it in their diesel motor? and did you see any mpg improvement? I'd do it to mine but I dont think my motor is broken in yet all the way so I have to wait.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone run MMO in their crankcase?

I have heard of guys tossing some into the crank case of older engines to help with worn out rings to help the engine make it a few more miles before they rebuild the engine. however if you got that type of mileage increase it would be something to look into.

I'm at 28K, in the next 2k I'll be switching over to synthetics, once I get a feel of how this will work for me I might toss some in as well.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:34 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone run MMO in their crankcase?

Yeah, I cant wait to go to the synths. I love that stuff, hell, i'd almost bathe in it (jk). I will also try the MMO in the crank on the diesel BEFORE the switch to synths (after I think its broken in).

Quick Reply: Does anyone run MMO in their crankcase?