Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

DeeZee/Recon

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:45 PM
boostyme
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DeeZee/Recon

Sorry, I have to do a little B!TCHing. I went to the local truck accessories store and bought a pair of DEE ZEE stainless/Chrome nerf bars for me 06 CTD. Brought them home and started to read the instructions. Wow, it looks like they took pictures with a old school camera phone and blew them up. Could not make out what anything was and furthermore, nothing was labeled. The nerf bars where alittle different as the location of the step pads. did not state what the bracket and support bracket were, nor left or right front or back. Plus they give you four 4-5" hex bolts and never state what those are for; I used them for the body mounts for the support brackets. and to top things off, the parts box was sealed and had a QC inspection sticker on it......well, I came to figure out that they sent me 3 front "main" brackets and one rear "main" bracket. since the shop was closed now till monday (saturday install) I decided to take a template of the front and make my own. It worked after maybe a 1 or so worth of work.
So, monday I call DEEZEE and tell them what happened, no sorry Ill get it out to you ASAP or nothing. I get "well we dont manufacture those here so I will call and oreder you one." Me, "Can I ask how long that will take" , him "I dont know 2 to 3 weeks or so" me "ok" under my breath, are you F'n kidding me.

Ok ok ok one mess up is ok right?

Well the week before, I ordered and set of smoked clearence lamps for the truck. ordered on saturday and got a auto reply email stating that my order was received and that it will be shipped in one bussiness day.OK. well 3 days go by and I still never get a email stating it was shipped. Oh, later I find out that the compnay is located about 15 mins south of me and do you believe they change me $15 for ground shipping?. Anyhow, I call and the guy says they are on back order. go figure, and that they will be shipped on monday. Well, monday comes and goes and so does the week and nothing. so I call again, they are on back order adn they will be shipped on wednesday..yeah what ever, the day that I was going to call the credit card company they came. 2 1/2 weeks to get lamps when the company that manufactures them is 15 mins away! WOW!
Is this what I have to look forward to every time or what. I can see why now that America is outsourcing and buying from overseas.

I am a business owner myself, and I just can not fathom operating a business like this and think that I will ever be successful.

Again, sorry for the b!tching but I feel better now getting it out there.
I ordered a Volant intake off of ebay, it should be here friday, hopefully that will go OK otherwise you might see or read about me on the news!