Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Undercoating????

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Shadow Caster
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undercoating????

I just bought my new 06 3/4 ton diesel quadcab. I have thought about having the underside sprayed with an undercoating. Can anyone tell me why I should or shouldn't do this? I just want to keep the underside from rusting in the future. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:08 PM
blasticblazin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Undercoating????

I would imagine that spray on liners would be good for rust prevention no matter where you spray it, also a mild amount of sound deadener....i have heard of extreme stereo guys sprayin the insides and undersides of cars with rhino liner to keep more sound inside the vehicle for their stereo competitions...also, since this is a CTD, i would make sure that where they spray keeps away from exhaust piping as i'd imagine most of the liners are some sort of ruber/petrolium base and may end up scorching or even catching fire if its too close to the exhuast...but im not any kind of technical person when dealing with mechanical stuff...im just an IT guy that happens to like big trucks =)
-garrett

Quick Reply: Undercoating????