Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Banks Six Gun

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:22 PM
boostyme
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banks Six Gun

I know it probally has been talked about many of times, but I am new to this. I watched the re run of "trucks" this past weekend and they did the banks upgrade on the powerstroke. It seemed as though the kit is pretty good and has alot of "safe guards". Is there a reason not to go with this set up (Banks Six Gun with Speed loader)? IS there something better on the market?

Basically, like every man on earth, I want to go faster. However, I dont want to worry about torque converters, trans slipping, engine going ka-putt. Just safe reliable HP; if there is such a thing.....I am not looking at being the first one in the "9's" or anything.
years ago I had a acura with a supercharger and etc invested into this car and even though it got stolen...it started burning oil, tranny was going etc.....dont want to deal with that.

I covinced my ol' lady that these trucks last a long time so it is a great investment for the business. I if yall give me the wrong info, hopefully you have a sister or sis-in-law you can hook me up with...get it???

Old 05-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 05-07-2008, 07:11 AM
craneop35
Default RE: Banks Six Gun

I just installed the six gun W/PDA and I really like it this thing does so much and gives plenty of power.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 AM
cumminalong

If you want lots of safety features, but still have a bit of room to satisfy the urge, then look at an Edge Juice w/ Attitude monitor.

It's as safe as YOU make it.

As long as you keep it on level 3 or lower, you're perfectly safe. If you start to foray into the upper levels, then you will start to slip the tranny a bit.

YOU can set (or disable) all the safeguards in the system by way on the Attitude monitor. Set the EGT's as low as you want, defuel for tranny slippage, etc.

I'd say go with the Edge before you go with Banks. Banks is kinda pricey and their stuff is way over-rated.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Erock509
Veteran

I just noticed this was an old thread but I'll put my 2cents in anyway. I always hear the guys around here talking about the smarty and the tst, which i probably would have trusted but I already have my bullydog installed which aint too bad. Since I already have that, I was thinking of stacking it with the banks six gun w/ pda. even though they are sometimes overrated and expensive, the cheapest way to purchase it I figured is to buy the six gun package with the pda kit minus the pda, then just buy the pda seperate. Ive found both on ebay as usual and the difference is close to $500. Not sure where that 5 gets lost at but not too bad if i do it that way, well see. First I Gotta take my truck into the tranny shop on monday, Tim Moye transmission in Lutz, Fl, thats who suncoast recommended, getting a new suncoast tc, rebuild my valvebody to higher standards, better fluid, and a few other little things, i cant wait to see the difference. and not having to worry about the tranny slipping when i hit it.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:38 AM
craneop35

I got my banks six gun with pda for 875.00 looking at all the other systems theres not much difference.

Quick Reply: Banks Six Gun