Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Can't get remote horn lock deprogrammed

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 02:56 AM
horseocors
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get remote horn lock deprogrammed

We just bought a 2006 2500 Big Horn Edition 4x4 Cummins diesel. We love it. The remote key lock has that annoying horn beep when you lock it, as so many vehicles do. I have tried to deprogram it at least 20 times, to no avail. The manual has directions on how to do it. I called customer service and was told they have the same directions the manual has and they can't help me, try the dealer. I took it to our salesperson, he tried no less than 10 times to do it, following the same directions from the manual. It didn't work. I wonder if there is a misprint in the manual. I could quote the directions from memory on how to do it, I've done it so many times! Anyone done it successfully on this vehcile? Thanks for help, everyone!
Roxanne

Old 05-24-2006, 11:18 AM
hancockbs
Default RE: Can't get remote horn lock deprogrammed

The dealer has a computer that they can use to progrm this feature, along with the automatic door locks, etc. It gives positive feedback inthe form of a on/off indications. I would complain that they didn't use that the first time you came in.

Old 05-30-2006, 02:18 PM
harrise
Default RE: Can't get remote horn lock deprogrammed

I sold a 1500 Big Horn to a customer who came back the next day for the same remote honk reason. I followed the directions on the pamphlet that hangs from the rear view mirror. Standing outside the vehicle, doors closed, push lock and hold for at least six seconds, while still holding lock, push and hold panic for at least four more seconds. Release both buttons, worked perfectly for me the first try. It aggrevates me that SO many salespeople out there don't know the vehicles they sell inside and out. Customer satisfaction begins with trust that you know what you're talking about. Hope this helps someone out there.

Quick Reply: Can't get remote horn lock deprogrammed