Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dana 60 front rotor/hub assembly

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Crabman
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dana 60 front rotor/hub assembly

Replaced my u-joints, ball joints and tie rod ends. When I was taking off my front rotors, they would not separate from the hub assembly. I removed the rotor and bearings together. Any tips on how to separate the bearing from the rotor. They don't want to budge but I haven't bought in the big guns yet as I don't want to destroy the bearings. Also could the rotors be turned with the hubs attached to the rotors?

Old 06-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Rich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dana 60 front rotor/hub assembly

Hi Crabman. Have you looked at the article in the latest ed. of "Diesel power"? The one with the three duallies on the cover? It talkes about changing out the non-serviceable bearings. I don't know if this will help you. Good luck. Rich

Old 07-31-2006, 07:44 AM
BigTowH8
Default RE: Dana 60 front rotor/hub assembly

Rich
I am looking for the article, but cannot find it. Do you have the the edition info from the DP mag or know what the link is to the article?
Thanks

Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 PM
cujo16

I need to replace the rotors on my 1979 Dodge W150 Power Wagon. the Haynes manual that I have states that if the rotor & hub are cast as ONE PIECE they should be replaced as such. Is this an absolute or can I replace with TWO PIECE rotor & hubs?

Quick Reply: Dana 60 front rotor/hub assembly