Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Newbie 1999 ram 2500 cummings question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:16 PM
kjettro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie 1999 ram 2500 cummings question

Hello everyone, KJ from Norway in europe here, i just got my first us "iron" truck, a 1999 ram 2500 24v cummings, after a few "jap" trucks.
I have been reading a lot on this forum and other forums in, and i must say i'm wery impressed with all you guys good advice and knowledge.
Here's my question, i am going to get a tunerbox for my ram and i'm looking at either edge juice, or TST, this is going to be my first upgrade, transmission next, but can i keep upgrading in time with exhaust, coldair intake, maybe some High Flow Injectors, larger turbo etc, or will theese parts not work with the tunerbox?
I'm going to buy all the parts in the us, because powerparts for us trucks does not exist here in Norway, there is hardly any us trucks here at all, can't wait to smoke my "jap" buddys tiny trucks.

Need some good info here guys, links and websites, i can check out, want to have a reliable 500 hp truck,

Thanks from Kj from Norway

Old 06-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newbie 1999 ram 2500 cummings question

first thing I would do would be to ditch the stock lift pump and go with either a FASS or Walbro pump.

second, go ahead and upgrade the tranny. you will need to do this in order to get the power to the ground, and not leave the tranny on the ground.

the TST is a good one to get, as well as edge for boxes. 500 hp from a VP44 is hard to get, but it is achievable. 400-450 is more realistic with a single turbo, when you start looking at 500 you need twins with the VP44.

I know for a fact the TST actualy gets better with injectors, bigger turbo's, and other mods. the edge is the same way, but you get more out of the tst. but you can always stack the two

just make sure you have a boost, EGT, tranny temp, and fuel pressure sensor before you go BOMB happy.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:13 PM
bekim
Professional

The term jap is not taken too kindly by the Japanese population here. World War II ended 50 years ago!
Mike
###

Old 06-14-2006, 04:25 AM
kjettro

Sorry, not my intension to offend anyone, but it's just short for japan, just like us is short for united states, as you say it's 60 years ago, and i don't see how this could offend anyone, but if it did i'm sorry.
Keep the good input coming
KJ

Quick Reply: Newbie 1999 ram 2500 cummings question