Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

aero turbine

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:39 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aero turbine

Any one here have the Aero Turbine exhaust. I just ordered it since I have a cheapo free flow [sm=badidea.gif]. Everything I read says that this thing will add an average of 2mpg and a little extra power. [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 07-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: aero turbine

Ive heard of people useing it as a baffel when removeing the cat. then there are those that use it as the muffler.

it all depends on what you want to hear.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Swifteeee

I hope to have my turbine on in a few days.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:05 PM
usafr
All Star

cool, lemme know what happens. Mine should come in next week.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:53 AM
BlkRam69
Professional

I have come to dislike my free flow muffler as well. Around town the sound is great but on the long huals the hum / drone is killing me. [&:]

After your post I did some reading and the 4040 Turbine XL looks pretty good. I'm anxious to hear your reveiws on the external rumble as well as the cab (hopefully decreased) noise.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:38 AM
usafr
All Star

Yeah, that's the one I'm gettin. I got the 4040 XL with the resonator, and 5" tip,,, as a kit for like $254 shipped. I can't wait to put it on. I got to looking at the job the muffler shop did on the free flow installation[sm=wtf.gif], the guy said that he had to add some hangers, but DA**, I can't even begin to explain what he did, it's like he cut off the original hangers, welded new ones in a different location, and then removed, and replaced a 2 foot section of pipe. Nowadays, you just cant trust anyone, and I'm not one to watch over someone working, b/c I hate it, but what some people do is just amazing. ( and he charged me an extra $50 bucks for this ), just makes me want to do REALLLY bad things to people.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Swifteeee

I got my aero turbine yesterday. Today I went to my muffler shop to have him expand one end of a 4" piece of pipe and put a couple of bends in it. The new muffler is shorter than the stock muffler and I needed about 14 inches. The guy at the muffler shop said he couldn't help me because his equipment wouldn't handle 4". He said that there wasn't a muffler shop anywhere that could expand or bend 4". So I went and purchased a 2' piece of flex and we'll see how that works. I can't use a straight piece of pipe because the stock muffler is offset about 2 or 3".

Old 07-12-2006, 07:37 PM
usafr
All Star

Yeah, they had to do the same thing for my freeflow,, but they just added 2 foot of 4" pipe,, at an angle to compensate for the offset, and they stretched the end of the pipe. I got my Aero in today, gonna have it put on tomorrow, I got the 5" tip too, it looks very good, cant wait to put it on,, I'm almost more excited about the tip than the muffler. How's the sound? I'll post tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:46 AM
tcarothers
Rookie

Swifteeee, You need to find another muff shop. If they cant handle 4 in pipe they should not be in buisness. My local muff shops handled my 4 in on my old stock cars without any problems. Your shop probably doesnt have the corect dies for his bender and strecher as they are a bit pricey.
Troy

Old 07-13-2006, 01:52 AM
usafr
All Star

I'm with him, you should see someone else, and to tell that NO ONE can handle 4" pipe. No offense, but this guy is full of u kno what. The guy that did mine just looked under the truck to see what size I had and said O.K. and went to work. Now, I don't understand why he welded the hangers the way he did, but whatever. Anyways, I agree, you should see another shop.

Quick Reply: aero turbine