Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Exhaust system.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 04:23 AM
Slimjim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust system.

I was wondering, who make one of the best (power gains) exhaust systems for our trucks? I know stacks are cool, but everyone has them, i was thinking about duals out the back, does anyone make a good system for this? For the 2006 dodge ram.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:26 PM
blackwater_d
Default RE: Exhaust system.

Slimjim, I have the MBRP cool dules on my 06'. It is awesome! I have been totally satisfied with it and because of the fact it is a complete stainless system from the turbo back it catches alot of stares. I have my truck lifted and you wont believe how many people ask me about it when I am out. Plus the install was a breeze. If you get another system let me know how happy you are with it.
josh

Old 07-24-2006, 11:05 PM
usafr
All Star

I have the Aero Turbine, and so far its pretty good. Good sound, mielage has increased, and low end is better than the free flow that I had before.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:21 AM
oldVOR

Being new to the Dodge Cummins and this site, I looked over MBRP's site and can't find a 5" dual in SS. Is the system new and not posted on their site?
Thanks!

Old 07-25-2006, 12:55 AM
BlkRam69
Professional

I think the 5" only comes in the aluminized so far.

I got the 5" single turbo back and all in all its alright. Sounds awesome but I did just replace the flow through muff with the aero muff/resonator and am much happier. The sound in the cab has reduced and (just like usafr in another post) I saw my overhead go up by 2-3 mpg. I'll have to get back with the hand #'s after this 1st tank.

I will say however that if I had it to do all over again I'd stay with the 4" (factory and replace muff to save $$$ or the 4" duals, either way 4") . I lost alot of low end when I went to the 5". I picked alot back up with the BDTD but again that was some extra dough.

Just my $.02

Quick Reply: Exhaust system.