Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Diesel Fuel Prices

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 06:59 PM
DIEZEL24V
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Diesel Fuel Prices

Jeez I had no clue that I was starting such a big topic and agrivation just for something a gas station owner told me... if I would have known... sorry

Anyway we all don't have it that bad, in Europe ( Netherlands , Belgium etc ) they pay close to $ 7.00 a gallon plus they get charged "road-tax" according to a vehicle's weight, no matter is your driving a Fiat 500 or a Dodge 2500[:@]

Lets all stay cool... Good luck

Mike

Old 08-03-2006, 06:59 PM
usafr
All Star

Drew,, I have to say,,, you are an educated man.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: usafr

Drew,, I have to say,,, you are an educated man.

not bad for someone who wore the dunce hat through most of the 12 years at gov't shools. I was just bored out of my mind and became good friends with the corner of the room and buster the paddle[8D]

Old 08-03-2006, 07:43 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

are there any ill affects from running ULSD? Is there any gains?

excuse me for my Diesel newbness.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:59 PM
usafr
All Star

Drew, don't feel too bad, I graduated high school with a 1.8,,, I left LSU with 4.0 and tech with a 3.8 in electronics. Just smart enough to be dangerous, lol.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bill. . .there no problem with running it, the only problem is going to be for 07 vehicles trying to run LSD. it will clog the filters VERY quick.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Bozz

usafr,

Sorry, don't watch CNN. My point was that "our" dependency on oil is going to cause some serious problems here in the U.S. in the near future if we do not curb our thirst for oil. Yes, I did educate myself on the topic and which politians are not in the pockets of big oil? Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and sorry if I offended anyone. I guess you shouldn't skip a day on your meds though.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:50 PM
RBX

most of our oil comes from the Gulf of Mexico AND Canada, only ABOUT 20% is middle eastern. I am not 100 % sure the exact % of middle eastern oil, but is much smaller than most think.
Now you say have Europe has been paying $3-10 a gallon for... well forever. Ok this is true but a major differnce is their economies have been geared towarded those prices for forever. The working class is paid on a cost of living bases which factors in oil prices.
The US economy IS geared for $1-1.5 a gallon. Oil has almost trippled our cost of living but our pay wages are the same as they were 10 years ago, min wage is what $5.35 per hour? If an average US family brings in $65,000 combined yearly income and has for 10 years how can triple oil price not affect them?
What can the goverment do? Well number # 1 not let the price of tea in China affect the price of butter here. If most of our oil is home grown and we dont export our oil, what does the middle east price have to o with us? Someone is letting the modernday Standard Oil Companies inflate the price of home grown oil, and how much intrest in that does Bush have (before he was president)? Say to hell with you Mr Tree man PEOPLE are more important than frogs or fire ants and we are going to built 2 more refiners here like it or leave (damn commies).
Iagree we need to get our dependent on fossils down, but we have to wean off it like herion. BIOs are good but no cheaper. What can Bush do about that? Help the farmer!!

Sorry if this is off topic but I get soo pissed to hear the "look what Europe pays" line of bs. I am educated a little, I am a civil engineer, horseman, and sadly a republican. Does christan count any more?

oh and lower sulfer = lower fuel milage

Old 08-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Bozz

RBX,

Curious where your figures come from on the percentage of oil from Mexico and Canada versus the Middle East. The material I found showed a much greater percentage coming from the Middle East. There was also testomony given in front of congress in regards to weaning ourselves from the Middle East. You could do an academic search on Luft, 2005 and his percentages were at about 60% coming from the M.E.

Neither here nor there I agree with most of what you are saying. Well stated.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:00 PM
usafr
All Star

There will continue to be contreversy over where our oil comes from, and its mainly price at the time of purchase that determines this. I agree that the people of this country are overly dependent on oil for fuel and products derived from oil,,, but the oil companies know this and do use it to their advantage, hence forth the investigation into price gouging. Most people are not aware of just how much oil is stored in parts of the US, and the truth is that there is not really a shortage of oil, we have a bunch, but letting it loose would bring the prices down,, so yes, the oil companies are at fault. For that matter, so are politicians b/c they are just as aware and do nothing. This is an argument that will plauge the people of this country long after the war is over,,,, but thats another story.

Quick Reply: New Diesel Fuel Prices