Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Daimler Chrysler Notification F19

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:31 AM
MGibbert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daimler Chrysler Notification F19

I received a letter from Daimler Chrysler today 8/3/06 titled "Customr Satisfaction Notification F19 - Roll-Over Valve Vent Hoses." The letter states that Chrysler is recommending service on some 2006 model year Dadge Ram 2500 and 3500 pick up trucks equipped with a Cummins Diesel engine. The problem is... The Roll-over valves on your truck may allow water to enter the fuel tank. Excessive water in the fuel can damage the injector pump and/or injectors if the engine is off for an extended period of time. Your dealer will install a hose on each roll-over valve and if necessary remove any water found in the fuel and install a new fuel filter free of charge. They also state that if you have already experienced the condition and have paid to have it repaired you may send the original receipts and/or adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement: Damiler Chrysler P.O. Box 4639 Oak Ridge, TN 37831, Attention Reimbursement.

In March I purchased a new 2006 3500 CDT, SLT with a G56 6 speed, quad cab, long bed, 4x2.

Keep on Truckin...

MG

Old 08-04-2006, 12:37 AM
megaman06
Default RE: Daimler Chrysler Notification F19

is there a way to check and see if this has been done?
was just wonderin cause when i brought my truck in for the abs ecu recall
i mentioned it to them about the roll over valves and they said it was done
before they sold the truck to me.

thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/36529/5AEDC49013A34936BC84F655327E699B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-04-2006, 12:46 AM
RustProofCorn
Professional

put your vin number on at dodge's website it will tell you if it has been done or not...

Old 08-04-2006, 01:44 AM
zach_deerefan

if you look in the wheel well on the drivers side you can see the fuel tank, and right behind the filler hose, and up a little you can should be able to see your roll over valve, not sure where the hose goes that DC adds to the valve? but if its got a hose I'd say the recall has been done

Old 08-04-2006, 02:54 AM
JohnInNH

I punched in my 2006 vin... no mention of it at all. Not that it was done or that I "needed" it. Hummmmmm

After getting burned 2x on my 1997 and not having any TSB's or even recalls done till after I was broken down on the side of the road years AFTER the recalls and even after my truck was serviced at the Dodge dealers easy 3-5 times I don't trust them as far as I can spit. I ended up paying for the linkage repair. (even though it was a recall!)

Throttle linkage fell off on the highway... then the springs for the bucking problem.. were "inspected and lubed.. on the way home the spring rusted through and fell off leaving me at 1/2 throttle un able to get the throttle to return. Just after spending $2300 at the dealer. !st thing on the list was Throttle sticking. "Lubed and inspected throttle linkage" $29 ... (linkage was DRY no signs of lube and springs rotten off.) I cold have been killed. POS dealer!

SO now when I hear of any of this stuff I want to personally insure the fix has been done!

I will be out checking this tomorrow AM! Water will kill your pump... Ask me how I know []

Quick Reply: Daimler Chrysler Notification F19