Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Weird Noises

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 02:58 PM
RustProofCorn
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weird Noises

man i know that everyone has been thinking to themselves it is all in my head and to tell you the truth that is what i have been thinking to i just needed someone else to tell me the same...

Old 09-01-2006, 07:39 PM
RustProofCorn
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weird Noises

i found this in a different forum which i am sure is exactly what you guys prlly have been telling me but i just liked this explination.

Its timing. If you read some of the threads on modding the tone ring to advance timing a couple of degrees a lot of people noted this same noise. An increase in "rattle". I had a guy in a dodge cummins approach me while I was fueling up and he proceeded to tell me how my injectors were shot and how he had the dealer repair his truck by replacing them. He was pretty shocked when I installed my bypass plug and it was the same sound as his. The debate always exsists if its bad on the engine but at the same time advacing timing in moderation can have a large effect on throttle response and fuel economy.

Quick Reply: Weird Noises