Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Outlook won't fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:28 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Outlook won't fit

Thats a good lookin setup, whered you get the pod from, I can't find much for an 06'. I like the guages that Bully Dog makes, I'll probably go with just the boost and pyro, I just need a pod that fits my truck.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:46 PM
BlkRam69
Professional

Yeh it fits nice and doesnt obsrtuck the view.

At first my only complaint was that it is black and doesnt match my dash but now I dont even notice. I like it couse I can keep an eye on the guages and the road.

I got it from Xtreme diesel. I went with the auto meter guages couse they had a special on the three guages (egt, trans, & boost) and the pillar pod for like $280 or something. I got the dash mount to see which I liked better for about $40 bucks I think.

The two pod for the steering column looks good too if you only need 2 guages. It does cover up 0-500 RPMs and 0-30 mph on the dash guages (depending on your driving position) but who ever really sees / needs those ranges anyways!

p.s. I still have the A-Pillar (3 guage) pod.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:41 AM
usafr
All Star

Did you install the sensors for the gauges and if so, howd you do it, and how much trouble was it?

Old 09-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: BlkRam69

Thats all (soy) beans you see there.

70% of my 40 min. commute is beans and corn, beans and corn. (and Cows) Theres even a couple Bisen, Llama's, Alpacas, and one Zebra!) Yes a Zebra, here in Iowa, on a farm, [sm=insomnia.gif]

Every day I see the planting, growing, and harvesting. Year after year.

Call me crazy but I love it. [8D]

As we type a new soy diesel plant is underway here in Iowa.

Thats good news for us all!

More revenue for the farmers, and less dependency on foreign oil!

Crazy ... no way

Crazy is going from one traffic light or stop sign to another.

No, your not the crazy one, I AM !! Your livin the life brotha !!

Old 09-08-2006, 01:07 PM
BlkRam69
Professional

usafr,

The experience was not a happy one. I'll try to keep it short (and clean).

No I didnt install them myself but should have. I was going out of town, dropped it off at the dealer.

Plane was delayed and missed my connection. After sitting in the airport for 6 hours the truck was not done????

It couldnt be that hard.

Punch a hole in the steering boot (already there for the QuadZ module) run the lines, drill and tap the ram air intake, (worried about filings-just take it off), drill and tap manifold pref between 5 and 6, and then install (or drill and tap) new trans pan. Mount gauges and pod and done.

OK for me it prob wouldve taken a good 4 hrs. But 7 + for a mechanic?.........

The main reason I didnt do it is becouse I was worried about filings in the manifold / turbo. They mounted the pyro in the elbo after the turbo. I couldve done that. No worries there. I was not happy.

But I am happy with the guages and pod. I feel much better knowing what going on when I romp on er!

Old 09-08-2006, 01:21 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

one way to get the filings out is to use a magnet... works great.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:15 PM
usafr
All Star

OK, I'm having a blonde moment, please bear with me. So, I can mount the pyro sensor after the turbo, on the down pipe as close to the turbo as possible. The boost sensor can be mounted in the tube between the filter and the turbo inlet. If I am cofused, pleeaaaase feel free to correct me, lol.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can mount the pyro either in the manifold (this is where I have mine) or after the turbo. putting the probe in the manifold gives you a more accurate depiction of what the engine is doing and will tell you if you are about to melt a valve. after the turbo will show you what the turbo is seeing and is generaly 250-300F lower then in the manifold.

for boost you can put it anywhere after the turbo you want, but the easiest way to do it is to mount it to the intake manifold plate itself. this is where I have mine. just a matter of pulling out a bolt and puttin a different one in that has a hole in it, then screwing in the nipple and running the lines.

if you need pics just let me know

Old 09-09-2006, 01:00 AM
usafr
All Star

Sounds good Drew,, yeah, I would like to see some pics. I like the idea of putting the pyro sensor after the turbo, simply b/c of the metal chips from drilling and tapping. I understand what you're saying about the bolt with a hole, but I would still like to see a picture so I can see exactly what you're talking about. Thanks for the tip.