Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Auto Start Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 04:28 PM
BrandonS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Start Problem

Just got a Matrix Clifford Auto Start installed yesterday..

H owever it was working fine, now when it starts, it kills it self after about 15 seconds, then restarts, and keeps doing that , anyone know about this? is it a programming error?

Old 10-06-2006, 04:46 PM
troop
Rookie
Default RE: Auto Start Problem

It might be in security mode. If you started it with the key in the ignition it will go into security mode, mine does anyway. Same symptoms starts, shuts off same same, also with my started he did something that shuts off the safety for low voltage I think that was my problem because when the elements are on they are sucking power.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

troop might be onto something there. when the box sees the lower voltage from the heater grids pulling current it might put the box into a safe mode and kill the engine.

or, it could be you need to have the transponder code that is in your key programmed into the remote starter.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:33 AM
speakle
All Star

I say if you payed someone else to install something for you then you should bring it back to them and make them fix it. Sit in the truck and put the key in the ignition (dont turn it on) and remote start it and see what happens. It doesnt sound like the transponder though.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Flent
Rookie

This sounds they have the remote start set on voltage sense. I do not like voltage sense for this same issue. Take it back and ask them to run to the tach lead on the truck. the tach wire is at the ECM on the lower driver side of the engine, front 60 pin plug, pin 24, or at the camshaft position sensor just left of the ECM, in a 3 pin plug. The color of the tach wire is dark blue/grey.

When useing a tach sense the remote start knows exactly when the truck is running. This will save you on a few things. It will not over crank the engine nor have to deal with it not cranking enough on cold days. If the engine has a problem and starts to idle rough it will kill it self. I do not like voltage sense at all, I refuse to use it on my own vehicles and never used it on any of my customers vehicles.

The key thing is possible but on most newer vehicles if it is the sentry key issue the vehicle will crank and maybe sputter but should not start up at all. If it did start 15 seconds is a long time for it to run.

a shore tell way of knowing if they hooked it up to either voltage or tach is notice when your parking lights turn on in response to the motor starting. If they turn on at the same time and stay on or blink then you have tach. If the motor starts and runs for about 10 seconds I beleive it is and then the lights come on and stay on or blink you have voltage.

If you have any other questions please ask. I used to be a Mobile Electronics Supervisor and did Installations for 8 years. Remote starts are my second nature.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Flent

If you have any other questions please ask. I used to be a Mobile Electronics Supervisor and did Installations for 8 years. Remote starts are my second nature.
Do you STILL install them?

I'd take the drive to MD to have someone with experience install one for me.

Quick Reply: Auto Start Problem