Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Driving / Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Brent13
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving / Fog Lights

When I bouught my 06 it came without the driving lights installed in the bumper. Have any of you done an install of an after-market light? I would like to get the Factory lights installed but fear how much that might cost. Anybody know how much? If I had these lights when I bought the truck where would the switch be located on the dash? What would be the consensus; go Factory or after-market?

Thanks,

Old 10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
chukar
Rookie
Default RE: Driving / Fog Lights

On my 06 the fog light switch is the main light switch. Push in they come on (in park mode and low beam), push in again they turn off. No idea of what they would cost if installed after purchase though.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Nelspruitdodger
Professional

Have a look at mopar.com dodge accessories. They have a package - fog lamp wiring in front facia,includes switch,bezels,wire assem' and lights - same as production. - $ 149.00
I did not have these on my 1500, but really enjoy them on the 2500, 'specially in the early morning / evening - and do help while driving at night.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:25 AM
ramtradxb
Professional

Definitely a plus to have the extra lights - but if you can, do the jumper people refer to in this forum to have them on at the same time your high beams are on. Also, just saw a 3rd Gen with the high intensity lamps in the stock locations - even more light! (maybe someone here knows where to find those?)

Quick Reply: Driving / Fog Lights