Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Recall and high idle

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 07:39 PM
JDH
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recall and high idle

Well I went in for my oil change, dealer said that I needed the recall I said "don't want it, I know how to put a truck in park" was told they are required by law to do it. So I barganed for some thing asked them to turn on the high idle, tech said is not available on the 03 so engine, he also had to replace the ecm because the old wone would not accept the new flash. I expressed that I did not like the horn honking with the door open and the truck in reverse and the engin on I dont know what's up but it does not honk now. he also reset the tire size to the correct size I fille up after a 100 mile run and calced 23+ mpg. measuring the correct distance may help the speedo is correct checked with GPS. also told me I have a 5" pipe turbo back most likely a bully dog system. 23mpg the toyota minivan doesn"t do much better than that. Can anyone confirm that the high idle does not exist on the early 03's?

Old 10-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Recall and high idle

it does. . .all common rail trucks have the feature, it just needs to be enabled. dealer is blowing wind up the preverbial skirt.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:24 PM
JDH
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Recall and high idle

Tech was a decent fellow, didn't seem to have any reason to not do it just I suppose he was not as informed as he could have been.

Quick Reply: Recall and high idle