Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New here, almost bought 1st gen CTD!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006 | 10:37 PM
ryan10
|
Default New here, almost bought 1st gen CTD!!!!!!!!

I am new here, and i am 16, and i have been looking for an old diesel truck as my DD. I want a cummins, and dodge has always been in my family. I plan on using this truck to tow a bobcat. my 4 wheeling truck, and do some junk car, and scrap removal. i saw in the want-ad a 91 dodge 2x4 5 speed with a cummins it it for 2250. I was so pumped, so i called him, and me and my dad drove all the way up to maine, about 2 hours. The truck had 310,000 on it, and it had a new injector pump, HO injectors, intercooler, and a radiator. It fired right up in 2 cranks. I was so pumped, and just when i was about to make him my final offer, and i saw a little rust under the windshield. I remember reading to walk away if you see this because they will rust from the inside out. It was not bad, so i walked back and was talking to him about it, and i was all ready to say that i could pick it up next saturday, when i saw a little bubble on the roof, so i poked at it, and my finger went through the cab!!!! I gave him the old ill call you tomorrow and walked away. I did get to drive the truck, and i realized that i am deffidently going to get a cummins now. In my opinion, superior to the 6.2 and the 6.9 i almost bought, even with the banks turbo! I was wondering what the cummins 2x4's are going for now, i would like to try to get one for around 2500-3000 if possible. How much have you bought your 2x4 1st gen cummins for, or how much have you seen them going for?

Old 10-29-2006 | 12:12 AM
gtxpooch
All Star
Default RE: New here, almost bought 1st gen CTD!!!!!!!!

Try Edmunds.com or NADA.com on the value

Old 10-29-2006 | 01:40 AM
dodgerules86
Champion

I'm going to move you to the Ram CTD section, you'll get some more help there.

Old 10-29-2006 | 03:51 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

welcome to DF... sounds like you made the right choice passing on the potential rust bucket... keep looking and be patient, you'll find what your after.

Quick Reply: New here, almost bought 1st gen CTD!!!!!!!!