Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

should I or shouldn't I????

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:14 AM
cmrg63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should I or shouldn't I????

I have a 2006 dodge 2500 cummins, electronic 4x4, auto trans, level kit w/35's, 3800 miles.
I would like to chip it, for performance and mileage (not so much for towing) thing is I dont know jack squat about diesel engines. I have never owned a brand new truck before and would like to not mess it up if possible.
Please lend any advice and recomended parts to use along with other info that would be helpfull.
I.E. straight pipeing, air filters, fuel additives, ect ect......
Thank you,
mikey
p.s. I am not cmrg63 he let me use his pc to ask.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:51 AM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: should I or shouldn't I????

How much do you want to spend? Do a search, there are alot of threads here on chips, modding, etc. There's also LOTS of know how here too!

Old 10-29-2006, 03:57 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 226 Likes on 211 Posts

I have the TST for my '05 and love it. mileage doesnt quite compare to the edge juice w/attitude setup however. that setup gets about another .5~.75 mpg consistantly. straight piping would be loud. i had a 30" magnaflow with a cat delete setup until recently when I added an aero turbine to it. brought back some of the low end lost with the straight thru setup (magnaflow) and it pretty darn strong right now.

on a CAI, if you want awesome performance and are not too concerned about mileage, the AFE Stage 2 with the proguard 7 filter is an awesome choice. helped the turbo spool quicker, then when you add the mag exhaust with cat delete, it spools hella quick and breaths really well on the top end. the downside is you'll loose low end torque.

have a look at the Drews Brew FAQ at the top of this forum, tells you alot about the "mix" that gets added to every tank.

Register and fill us in on your ride... welcome to DF.

Old 10-29-2006, 07:11 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember if you play you may have to pay as in it can void your warranty if caught with a box or programer on it.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:34 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 226 Likes on 211 Posts

yeah, another thing, you have to be carefull you dont go crazy with whatever you get... the tranny can only handle about 75 hp before it starts slipping. same with the TC but the level is much higher (I dont remember what the # is).

Quick Reply: should I or shouldn't I????