Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

94 CTD Torque Converter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:23 AM
xtoyz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 CTD Torque Converter?

Which one? Where can I buy them? I found some ATP ones, but 1200 bucks and 2000 lb-ft of torque is a little more than I need. I think I'm going to be buying a 1994 CTD 4x4 reg cab, but the converter is shot.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 10-30-2006, 01:34 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 94 CTD Torque Converter?

Most of the auto parts store should be able to order you a comprable TC for your truck. I hear a lot of guys say that the Suncoast TC's are pretty reliable and can handle a decent amount more than stock hp/tq.

Good luck.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:51 AM
jakebrake
Champion

How's the trans fluid look. Hopefully the tc didn't take the trans with it. I know one guy running a bd diesel trans and torque converter over 120,000 on the trans and tc, but I am not sure on the price.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:39 AM
xtoyz

ORIGINAL: DieselDemon

Most of the auto parts store should be able to order you a comprable TC for your truck. I hear a lot of guys say that the Suncoast TC's are pretty reliable and can handle a decent amount more than stock hp/tq.

Good luck.
Where can I find someone who sells these Suncoast brands?

How's the trans fluid look. Hopefully the tc didn't take the trans with it. I know one guy running a bd diesel trans and torque converter over 120,000 on the trans and tc, but I am not sure on the price.
Not sure to be entirely honest, as it's ten hours away. I'll be towing it home with my dad's 1ton Cummins, so the wear and tear won't be any worse. Truck has 190k on engine, tranny, and body. Body is in ok condition, with regular wear obviously. The guys asking 4k for the truck, I figure if I can get it for 3k I don't care if it needs a tranny AND a torque converter. I just cant justify a built torque converter for power the engine will never see.

Shawn

Old 10-30-2006, 06:43 AM
xtoyz

I see autozone has a 1yr warranty torque converter listed under the brand "Accurate" for 168 bucks. Anyone think something like that is worth giving a try? I'd rather spend a little extra coin to get a moderately overbuilt torque converter, than buy the cheapo thats barely up to snuff.

Thanks guys,
Shawn

Quick Reply: 94 CTD Torque Converter?