Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dimmer for 2006 factory stereo

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:30 PM
natemid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dimmer for 2006 factory stereo

Does the factory headunit on the 2006 have a dimmer capability? I mean...does it dim when you dim the dash panel lights?

I've got an Alpine HU installed and I've just realized that it doensn't dim when I dim the dash lights. I know the new HU has that ability. I'm wondering if my install guy just didn't connect the dimmer wire...??

I've looked at the wiring diagram from the service manual, and (unless I'm missing something) there doesn't seem to be a dimmer connection to the stock radio.

-Nate

Old 10-31-2006, 06:37 PM
GREYGHOST21
Rookie
Default RE: Dimmer for 2006 factory stereo

my 06 dims at the dash. install guy probalbly forgot

Old 10-31-2006, 11:01 PM
teeminus

I have an 06 and an Alpine HU as well and it dims when you turn on the lights. I agree, install guy probably forgot.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
natemid

Also, my truck came with the basic 4-speaker sound system. Do you guys have that or was yours the premium system?

I pulled the unit out last night, and checked all the wires. The wires in the stock connector all macth up to wires on the Alpine harness except for two (connector C1, pin 5 and 6) which are the CAN B (+) and (-) wires...they don't correspond to anything on the new harness.

I noticed that the Orange dimmer wire from the Alpine harness doens't match to anything on the stock connector.

Seriously, am I just missing something?

Teeminus, what pin is the dimmer wire from your Alpine HU connected to on the stock connector?

-Nate

Quick Reply: Dimmer for 2006 factory stereo