Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

KORE Chase Series installed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 01:38 AM
SpLaT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KORE Chase Series installed...

Hey steve05ram360,

As for installation of rear, since you stated you have previous experience, I would say a piece of cake... bottom most leaf comes off (the thick one) and is replaced by the Kore system pack (4 leafs) and the installation of the shocks. No they are not adjustable but are completely rebuildable (Fox Racing shocks, simple monotube shocks are old school and really don't do the job).

As for the ride as stated in my earlier post the ride on pavement is a little tighter, but the system was really designed for "Off Road" once you get onto say "washboard" you will really notice the system work (the system adds about 50% more wheel travel), before Kore my truck was all over the road (stiff suspension and short wheelbase) now with the Kore system (including rear leaf pack and new coils up front and the Gas shocks with reservoirs) I can basically fly through the washboard with the truck tracking straight and ture!! The system also benefits the Rams weak front suspension I would even go as far and say the system actually increases longevity of the componets such as tie rods and ball joints. I know this for a fact as other guys I work with that are driving same truck and are still going through tie rods, ball joints and even U-joints at a alarming rate as they refuse to upgrade to Kore system. I suggest looking at Kore Racing (they run Dodge trucks!!) website and have a look for yourself ( the Kore Chase system was desgined for their chase truck).
Personally I would suggest to anyone who does alot of off pavement driving to seriously look at installing the Kore Chase system rather then a lift(in MHO lifts are cosmetic and do absolutly nothing for the front end or suspension) Well worht the money!!

Old 11-07-2006, 01:34 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

I've yanked rear ends and never had the opportunity to do anything with the rear springs. thanks for the heads up. I was looking at the chase series last night but cant get any pricing on it. how much was yours?

did you also upgrade the front sway & tracbar?

edit: oh yeah forgot to mention that some of the roads I drive every day are so beat up it feels like my truck is jumping side to side. it could use some help. I currently have the Edelbrock IAS shocks all the way around, they do good off road as long as you carry some speed. anything slower than 15~20 mph & it's a bumpy ride. how does the kore do in slower situations?

Old 11-07-2006, 02:33 PM
natemid

Mine came to just over $2400 with shipping.

Like Splat said, it's really not to difficult.

Just make sure you reinsert the spacers that are below the overload leaf!! That was my mistake from not completely reading the directions. [:@]

Old 11-07-2006, 03:06 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

damn! $2400 bux for this? http://koreperformance.com/dodge_lift_kits/chase.htm

no control arms? no sway bar? seems aweful pricy for this kit. I guess the fox shocks arent cheep... and it does come with new rear springs? or are they in addition to the spring pack that's already there?

any idea what the tracbar, sway bar kit & control arms cost?

Old 11-07-2006, 05:32 PM
natemid

You're right...the stuff isn't cheap, and I'm pretty sure the shocks are where the money goes. Also, the chase series setup doesn't come with new springs. It has a mini-pak to add on to the stock springs. However, KORE does offer a full replacement spring pack, and I think that runs about $1000 or so.

I can't say what the sway bar or track bar cost, but I do know that the race series control arms are about $2500!! I figured I couldn't live without them...then I saw what they cost and I changed my mind.

The KORE website has links to all the retailers that carry their stuff, and I would bet that they all have the same pricing.

-Nate

Old 11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
SpLaT
Captain

it cost me $2900 Cdn, as for the swaybar/tracbar the OEM sway/tracbar is just as good, only difference between OEM and Kore's system is the tie down links which use the "spherical joint" which is rebuildable not worth the extra bucks in MHO. The "race series" control arms are "indented" to allow larger tire size without rubbing on control arms(good for 37" plus tire size).

My thoughts are if your off pavement alot like I am the $2900 was worth it compared to replacing ball joints, tie rods and U-joints on a regular basis. I make my living with my truck and down time costs me $800/day! If I was working 9 to 5 in town on pavement I would have gone for a lift kit to make it look mean(not very functional but intimidating say with a 6" lift and 40" tires) I guess if you what something to take the potholes bumps washboard go with Kore, if you want looks without functionallity go with a lift. The cost of a 4" or 6" lift is about the same price as the Kore Chase system, but then with the lift you are still only going to get the "old school" shocks unless you upgrade to gas shocks with resivours. [&:]

I feel like I'm really trying to sell the Kore system I ought to talk to em about commisions. lol
But honestly I really like the setup, I have had lift kits before and from experience Kore is the way to go.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:02 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

I guess the question with the control arms is the other ones they have... are they for a 3" lift? or stock height (wouldnt make sense). the reason I ask is I'd like to level it to 3", soften the suspension some so it works better on the trails & really rough crappy roads I have to drive daily and also push the front axle out some to allow for the 33" tires I have.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:17 PM
SpLaT
Captain

steve05ram360,

With the Kore Chase system you get the 3" lift up front and 1+" lift in the rear, I can run up to 35" tires with no problems, I am currently running 33" tires and no rubbing or other conflicts. As for the rough roads if you go Kore you will be truly impressed by the difference in the ride and handling, (not trying to sell Kore unless they are willing to compensate me!! but I am completely satisfied with the system best money I've spent so far... even better then the big bucks I put out for the AFE stage 2 air intake - unless its akin to a good exhaust system (or like a fine wine) it will improve with time?)

Old 11-08-2006, 07:51 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

yeah but Splat... with the 3" of lift it's going to pull the axle back towards the firewall...my question was are the non-race CA's longer to push the axle back towards the front?

the afe will bring back some low end lost as it gets dirty... about 5k miles on mine when I started to notice it the last time I cleaned it. one suggestion is to put some sort of high flow wrap around it to keep the bugs out of the pleets... they are hard to get out during cleaning.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:21 PM
SpLaT
Captain

Hey steve05ram360,

The kit came with upper CA which were different lenghts to compensate for "axel roll", the OEM specs for alignment and as well the cargo/towing capcitites are maintained all-beit the castor is not the same but close.

As for the bugs, winter time here so, no bugs had lots of ice fog the other night which is murder, stuff builds pretty fast spent 6hrs driving to work which nromally takes 4hrs pulling over quite often to "chip" ice off the winter front, headlights, antennae and air filter. I have the prefilter installed which indeed helps with the bigger stuff and extra moisture.

Now the AFE, I was expecting a littler better mileage for the bigger filter as advertised... course the Tornado advertised the same too as well do the "throttle body spacers"? Was I wrong in installing the filter package hoping to get better mileage, if so was a lot of money to throw away to get lower mpg!!

Quick Reply: KORE Chase Series installed...