Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Brake question....

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 02:06 AM
dhbgl1800
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake question....

While towing my 5th wheel through the mountains (Blue Ridge Parkway) I had the Brake & ABS lights come on. I still had good pedal. I stopped at an overlook, turned off the engine and checked the brakes for heat by touching (ever so slightly). The brakes did not seem to be overheated. As a matter of fact afte only a minute or two cold touch them without burning myself. I checked the trailerr brake and they too did not seem overheated. I resumed our travel and within a minute or two the brake & ABS light went out. A couple of hours later the same thing happened. Same procedure; same result. We continued home through Smoky Mtn NP and had no further trouble. It has not happened since (this was 2 weeks ago).
I haven't taken it to the dealer because I anticipate that they will say that they have no idea what it is because it is not happening now.

Any ideas??? [sm=confused06.gif]

Thanks in advance!

PS. How do you get a picture in your signature?

Old 11-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brake question....

Ive heard of this before, and there was a problem with the ABS module or one of the sensors was not responding.

now with the pic in the siggy, you just need to have the pic hosted somewhere, make yourself a gallery and yank the pic from there.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:48 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brake question....

yank the pic from there.
Miss read that te first time. Sounded more like this "yank the ***** from there"

Quick Reply: Brake question....