Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

TUNERS

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 01:15 PM
brads05diesel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TUNERS

WHATS IS THE BEST (POWER & FUEL MPG INCRESE) AND SAFEST TUNER FOR A '05 CUMMINS WITH OUT VOIDING WARRANTY

Old 11-06-2006, 01:37 PM
cumminalong
Default RE: TUNERS

You'll get lot's of answers regarding this.

Bottom line: If you add a tuner and get caught, you're kinda screwed. Unless you have a decent service rep that "doesn't see it"

But, you are also covered under the Moss-Magnuson Act that states the manufacturer is the one that has to prove that a mod you did caused a problem. Unfortunatley, with the case of most tuners, you can attribute a lot of problems to power adders.

The one right now, that is the only one guaranteed not to leave a signature, is the Smarty. All the other programers will in some way, shape or form, leave an electronic signature. Even after resetting to stock.

Also, the boxes are a little easier to hide, as you can remove them.....but, they do mess with the fuel and boost tables, which can be seen if they look deep enough.

If you want to maintain a warranty, proceed with caution.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it, just giving you the down low.

Rich

Old 11-06-2006, 01:42 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

I'm not so sure they could tell if a box was added or not... it sits between the motor & the PCM and modifies the signals going to the injectors. it does nothing to the pcm, the input signals... cam & crank sensors are basiclly passed thru the box and monitored by the box. by monitioring they would have to use a high impeadance input which the PCM would never be able to detect. this would apply to the Edge & TST boxes, and also whatever other boxes are out there.

as for mileage... I had pretty good results with the edge juice with attitude set to mpg... saw about 1~1.5 mpg better with it. my current TST gets me about 1.0

Old 11-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Nelspruitdodger
Professional

Drew?
Will the smarty be compatible with the Commander, I am wanting a set of guages, but like the Comander and will eventually go for the smarty tuner.
Thanks

Quick Reply: TUNERS