Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Adjusting Trans Bands

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:00 PM
49lambert
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Trans Bands

A few weeks ago I saw a thread about adjusting the bands in an auto trans. I can't find the post now. I think it was written by "JakeBrake" can some one repost it.

Thanks
James

Old 11-07-2006, 03:20 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Default RE: Adjusting Trans Bands

All I can say is based on the information given to me by several rebuilders is this, Do Not adjust the bands unless it is slipping. The bands are thin pices of metal and once you adjust them to much they wear out and break. Then you have to rebuild your trans because the bands broke.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: Adjusting Trans Bands

Some say adjust every 30,000 miles, others say don't until it slips. I adjusted mine because the fluid was burnt and was slipping. To adjust bands is real easy. You'll have the 48re so I'm not sure if it is the same as the 47re. But with the 47re there are to band, a front and a rear. You can adjust the front with out dropping the pan, the rear the pan needs to come off. Pretty much it is torque the adjuster down to 72"lbs and back off a certain amount depending on year and trans and then lock down.

Quick Reply: Adjusting Trans Bands