Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

aero turbine

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006 | 07:20 PM
captainkirk
Default aero turbine

hey i have an 03 CTD 4x4. i was wondering what size aero i need? am i correct in thinking that i have a 4 inch exhaust pipe. when i looked on the aero website it stated that i would need the 3.5. as for the installation, can i just delete the mufler and put the aero in its place since i don't have a cat? also should i get the xl (with resonator) since my truck has no cat? has anyone run just the 4040 w/out resonator? is it too loud?

thanks in advance.

Old 11-16-2006 | 07:39 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: aero turbine

Captain ....

I have no clue as far as what size pipe you have, but YES, you CAN just cut out your existing muffler and replace it with the Aero. Keep in mind though that the Aero is shorter than your stock muffler so you'll also need a small hunk of pipe that will need to be flared on one end to slip over your existing pipe.

As far as resonated / non-resonated goes, I have a resonated Aero and I love it. I've eliminated everything and all I'm running is the Aero and a tailpipe.

Quick Reply: aero turbine