Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

CHANGE IN THE FUEL SYSTEM CONFIG?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:33 PM
happy_gilmore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CHANGE IN THE FUEL SYSTEM CONFIG?????

I just bought the 150 they said it will just return excess to the tank. They also agreed that if you are planning to do mods just go to the 150. pretty afordable i guess 630 with sat delivery (Next Day) Now I need to find a place to get the injection pump at a reasonable price. Any ideas???lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/49128/965E488E3E254AAE8E9AC6FADB3BBC04.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it realy depends on what year your truck is, but for the most part they are right at 110 benjamins at Industrial Injection

Old 11-17-2006, 06:52 PM
happy_gilmore

Thanks Drew 1100 isnt bad... actually quite nice. Wonder what the difference is with the high performance one at 1700.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:57 PM
happy_gilmore

Thanks mayfair for your help as well. Didn't know what i was ging to do with my day tomorrow but you guys helped me out with that. haha

Old 11-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: happy_gilmore

Wow there needs to be more people in the world like that guy that did that info on the install of the filter. That was cool.

I hear ya Happy !!

It is because of that guy that I take pics of EVERYTHING that I do just in case someone asks for them. It may be some small insignificant thing, but most of the time it winds up helping someone so I'm cool with taking the pics. It's free to do, and it doesn't take long, so why not? That's why you always hear me saying " TAKE PICS " whenever someone is doing a mod.

Drew, you've mentioned this Walboro pump a couple of times, but I don't see where it gets it's power and it doesn't mention anything about a harness that clips right into the factory harn.

The FASS system just looks heavy duty. I was wondering about the pressure thing. 95 is all that you ( Drew ) have said that you'll ever need, but would it hurt anything if I go with something higher? The noise doesn't bother me a bit, I actually like hearing that something is working. I'm probably gonna miss the loudness of my Ram once I start adding your brew.

LOL !!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:11 PM
happy_gilmore

I was a little worried about the 150 being to much fuel or pressure but like HE said (guy i bought it from) it will just return to the tank. I did take a look drew and I appreciate it but I have to agree... the fass system looked like it came with it all. The other system I had to add differnt things and since I am as green as the grass on a warm spring day. I figured I better take this picture approach. But I must say HOME RUN on the injection pump Drew.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Drew
Professional

the noise will still be there, just not as loud, it might take is down a few dB. you'll notice the difference within a few miles after filling up, and you will also notice a bit more pep to the engine, and your fuel mileage will also go up. basicaly what you save in fuel useing the brew is more than what the brew costs.

anyway, there is a harness that you buy from GDP to go from the OEM harness of the origional lift pump to the Walbro pump. $40 from what I see. all in all the walbro kit would probably run around $300 for eveything.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Drew

all in all the walbro kit would probably run around $300 for eveything.
So it's about $115.00 or so dollars less than the regular FASS, and about $300.00 less than the filtered FASS.

What's up with that filtered FASS? Is it more efficient or does it do a better job than the stock fuel filter? It sure looks impressive as hell.

LOL !!

Also, I'm a bit confused (what else is new) about all of these replacement pumps. Do you now by-pass the stock pump, or do you now just push the fuel right on through your stock pump? That guy took a TON of pictures, but it was when he replaced some sort of fitting that I got a bit lost. that was the only part of the install where I'd be a bit nervous. The rest looks pretty cut and dry. I'd probably use SS braided lines and fittings as fuel lines instead of that ruber hose that comes with the FASS. I think it would look cool !!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: happy_gilmore

I just bought the 150
The 150 what ??

Old 11-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Drew
Professional

the FASS 150gph. . .that help

anyhoo, the filters on the FASS unit can filter down to 3 micron IIRC. the instalation would be to remove the stock lift pump totaly, install a bracket in place of the stock lift pump and then plumb the fuel line from the pump to the bracket. now, if you choose to you can totaly remove the stock filter and plumb the FASS I system straight to the injector pump since it filters the fuel at a smaller rateing than the stock filter.

if you got the FASS-I, you can bypass the stock filter without worrying about it, the FASS-II would still need the stock filter since it is sold with only the pump.

Quick Reply: CHANGE IN THE FUEL SYSTEM CONFIG?????