Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 10:17 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rims

I am familiar with all accessories you can put on a truck, except rims. What is a good make, webisite to view them at. I will be using them with 33' tires. Looking at either a 16, 17, or 18' rim. Pictures will be greatly accepted. Thanks

Old 11-20-2006, 01:51 AM
nitis
Default RE: Rims

well to start with you have to run at least a 17
do you have a stick or auto? With a stick I would reccomend taller than a 33 I have 315/70/17 equiv to 35
on H2 rims with no lift. It all depends on what look you are looking for. Take your time and look around keep in mind backspacing is key if you do not want the tires to stick out alot of guys keep the stock rims and just change out the tires I saw one guy with 37s on stockers.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:16 AM
ramtradxb
Professional

All kinds of deals on-line - some vendors have very informative websites that will help you with backspacing, what fits without mods, etc. But for quality wheels, check out DISCOUNTTIRE.COM - they spec the wheels they buy from vendors to tighter specs for roundness and balance - issues that sometimes the cheaper wheels struggle with. (and with the bigger wheels any out of round or balance conditions tend to be magnified)

Old 11-20-2006, 12:22 PM
cookie_monstr
Professional

just depends on the look ur going for.... my friend has 22's with 35's tires.... 6in lift and its just mean looking..... im was wanting to do the opposite with mine... its only 2wd and i know there is no point in lifting it...so i was gona stiffin the ride and put 24s...but i looked around and saw that lowprofiles dont agree with heavy trucks... but its up to u man. jus look around and see wat u like and get ideas
oh yeah and kmc make great wheels

Quick Reply: Rims