Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Stacks ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 02:38 AM
aka_chewy
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stacks ???

I gave photoshop a try and here's what I came up with. Personally, I think they would look bada$$. I will eventually put some on my truck.

I know the thumbnails don't look like anythings been done, but if you click on it, you will see the pic. Not sure if that's my PC f'in it up or what....

[IMG]local://upfiles/17592/2DED2E3B17594DBCBDDA3DFA72C2D3FD.jpg[/IMG]

I thought I would try one with some smoke too....

[IMG]local://upfiles/17592/3EEDE9A44AD546EFBD5336BBAE958760.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-2006, 03:47 AM
Ben D.
Champion

I definately like that with the stacks not being much taller than the cab and having that slope back. Now that I see that I say go for it man

Old 12-16-2006, 04:26 AM
Brent13
Rookie

I think that looks awesome. I say do it. If you ask me, that is the truck that stacks belong on. I think they are very right on a lifted truck. Great looking truck either way you go, but from that photoshop job I think the stacks will look incredible!!!!!

Brent

Old 12-16-2006, 11:19 AM
cumminalong

I've got a few guys around Ft Benning that have stacks on their trucks and, to me, it's just the very first and only thing I even notice when they drive by.

Yeah, they look cool, but I don't know if it's actually something that LOOKS COOL or is justDIFFERENT enough to catch your attention.

Maybe they wouldn't look bad, hell maybe they would look awesome. Only one way to find our brother...............go big or go home.

Either way, that's still gonna be a sweet lookin' ride.

Here was one other thing I was thinking. I see guys with the stacks up over the cab, which seems okay.But, if you keep the stacks below the cab height, isn't any soot and crap gonna get all over the place, especially once you start doing performance mods and rollin' a little coal. I hate having to clean the truck all the time (why I bought the silver this time instead of my usual red) and I can see the low stacks making a mess of the back window and bed sides. Just a thought.

But again, seeing what you've done with it already I'm sure it'll look good.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:31 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: aka_chewy

I gave photoshop a try and here's what I came up with. Personally, I think they would look bada$$. I will eventually put some on my truck.

I know the thumbnails don't look like anythings been done, but if you click on it, you will see the pic. Not sure if that's my PC f'in it up or what....
very cool Chewy.... thanks for photoshopping the pic. I have to say.... I think it looks sweet as hell ! I'm only
a few clicks away from making the purchase! Are those the ( bull hauler ) style stacks you used ?
If I can just get some feedback on cab noise I think that will really help me decide.

Rich.... you have a excellent point too. I've already had to slide the tip on my MBRP because it was sooting up the corner of my bumper. I would think though with stacks like in the picture much of it would be directed away from the cab. Hmmmm.... I may have to start a poll with both pics to see what the out come would be..
Thanks for the input though.... it all has been helping ;-)

Old 12-16-2006, 11:43 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: triton

Rich.... you have a excellent point too. I've already had to slide the tip on my MBRP because it was sooting up the corner of my bumper. I would think though with stacks like in the picture much of it would be directed away from the cab. Hmmmm.... I may have to start a poll with both pics to see what the out come would be..
Thanks for the input though.... it all has been helping ;-)
That was the one thing that drives me nuts is the soot on the back passenger corner. Yeah, seems petty, but I've always been a little **** about keeping my stuff clean. I don't mind muddying it up, but it's gonna be spotless afterwards.

Not like it would seem that way from this pic of my last truck. This thing spent more time muddy than anything else.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...20637&.jpg

Yeah, I know, it's a truck, quit being a panzy about it being dirty. [:-]

Old 12-16-2006, 03:26 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

Original: Triton
very cool Chewy.... thanks for photoshopping the pic. I have to say.... I think it looks sweet as hell ! I'm only
a few clicks away from making the purchase! Are those the ( bull hauler ) style stacks you used ?
If I can just get some feedback on cab noise I think that will really help me decide.
Yeah, they were the bull hauler, it was the only style I could find a pic of that would work for the photoshop. As far as the soot goes, you could turn them out a little, instead of straight back, turn them at a 45 towards the back.

As far as the sound goes, my dad bought a 03 duramax, reg cab, flat bed and it had 4" stacks on it. The stacks came straight up behind the cab. I thought the thing sounded awsome and it wasn't nearly as loud as I thought it would have been. If I kind of understand you correctly, you don't mind some noise to let people know our coming, but don't want to have to turn the radio up or yell in the cab. I feel the same way and by driving my dad's truck, I wouldn't hesitate putting stacks on. The cab was still quite during normal driving (especially being a regular cab), but when you ran the RPM's up, it had just enough growl to make people turn heads. For what it's worth, I don't think it's going to be as loud in the cab as you might be expecting. Most of the sound is going to be pushed behind you.

Just my .02 on the whole deal....

Old 12-16-2006, 04:05 PM
heresdamanladies
Rookie

i bought me 7" mitres i plan of lifting my truck alot thats why i went with 7" cause its big im hoping the dont stick much at all over my cab but ive been waiting to get them put on for like 4 months but ill get pics as soon as i get then in !!

Old 12-16-2006, 04:07 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Hey Triton, throw some on mine

Old 12-16-2006, 04:14 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

Sharx-

I was actually looking through your gallery to put some on to see what yours would look like. I don't have enought talent to make it work with your pics, if you take a full side view or a rear 3/4 like Triton's pic I did, I will photoshope some on yours.

I have a wedding reception to go to in a few hours, but I would have time tomorrow to do it.

Quick Reply: Stacks ???