Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Edge EZ question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 05:11 AM
buickturbot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge EZ question

Ok, I just bought an Edge EZ for my 06 Ram CTD and I know I have read here that people have said they have their's set tolevel 4. On the box it shows to have 4 levels, but the instructions only say three and the switch only has three positions. What am I missing. I have read threw the book twice looking for the hidden print, but not seeing it. Is it a miss print?

Old 12-27-2006, 10:41 AM
ride0169
Default RE: Edge EZ question

hello I also have edge ez It only has 3 levels 4th level must be disconected. anyway put on level 3 and leave it there. you'll see a increase in milage also.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the mileage increase only happens on level 1, anything after that and your gunna get good power increases, but your mileage is going to go way down.

I'm not familiar with the edge box so I cannot give you good details as to how the power levels are.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:23 PM
boostyme
Rookie

I have the Edge Juice with attitude and it states it has 6 levels. However, it goes from 0-5...and 0 being stock.. Therefore, maybe that is what it is referring to; the forth levelis "stock"

Old 12-27-2006, 05:44 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

I have the Edge Juice as well. Out of the box, the Edge Juice has levels 0 - 5. You can get level 6 (hot mode) unlocked if you sign a waiver and pay an extra fee from Edge. Edge gives you a PIN that you put into your attitude to unlock stage 6. So really, the Edge box has seven levels, 0 Stock and 1 - 6.

Not sure about the EZ, but I am willing to bet stage 4 is one you have to unlock.

As for power on the Juice:

Stage 0 Stock- 1 Mileage- 2 Tow are meant for towing. I normally drive around in stage 1 (for best MPG). You will notice some power gain, but mostly it feels like the throttle is more responsive.

Stage 3 Drive is suppose to be the hottest level you should use on a stock truck with a 48RE tranny (auto). This level really wakes the truck up.You will hit 70 mph from a standing start in no time. Its great for passing slower peeps.

Stage 4 Race and Stage 5 Extreme - have not played around with these levels yet. Pretty much figure stage 3 is going to be hard enough on the 48RE. Others say they can use stage 5 all day long, but not it is not a risk I am willing to take at this point.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:48 PM
boostyme
Rookie

ORIGINAL: MrSlug
Stage 4 Race and Stage 5 Extreme - have not played around with these levels yet. Pretty much figure stage 3 is going to be hard enough on the 48RE. Others say they can use stage 5 all day long, but not it is not a risk I am willing to take at this point.
I have played around with level5 plenty of times. From a dead stop it will smoke your stock tires.....at highway speeds it will go from 70 to 100 before you know it.....I have out ran Mustangs and G35's already on the highway......HOWEVER, I can now tell the tranny is beginning to slip.....need a new torque converter before I continue to play in 4 and 5..... have fun!

Quick Reply: Edge EZ question