Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Want Infinity radio from 06 Laramie

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 06:25 PM
brent78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want Infinity radio from 06 Laramie

I bought an 06 CTD Big Horn Ed this fall and love the sirius satellite radio. However what's the point of satellite without being able to see the Artist, Song Name and Channel Name? I saw that the Laramine edition has an upgraded head unit that shows all that information. Where can I get a new head unit fairly cheap?

Old 12-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Default RE: Want Infinity radio from 06 Laramie

Personally I would go to any of your local car audio retailers and look at the selection of aftermarket headunits available and most are very easy to install all you might need is an adapter to make the head unit fit into the dash properly and also a wiring harness that adapts the head unit straight into the factory wiring. Very simple install all you need to hook up the wiring harness is a bunch of butt connectores a stripping tool and a nice crimper

Old 12-31-2006, 07:35 PM
brent78

I thought about an aftermarket unit, but I heard that the factory satellite attenena and sirius system is not compatible. Can anyone confirm that has replaced their factory radio?

Old 01-01-2007, 03:24 PM
BlkRam69
Professional

I'm not sure about the antenna but I thought I heard that as well.

But since your askin,...... I replaced my unit with the NAV when I bought my '06 and have the original (6disc changer with bezel) in the box just taken up space. It has the large display that shows all the data (artist, song, etc.)

If you cant find an aftermarket you like or if your intetrested just let me know. I have some picks in my gallery of the unit for reference.

Good luck!

Old 01-01-2007, 04:07 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

Press the info button and all the info will pop up.

Quick Reply: Want Infinity radio from 06 Laramie