Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Bully Dog Triple Dog

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
BeastRGR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bully Dog Triple Dog

Anyone know of a way to program more than one vehicle with the Triple Dog?
I have an 06 Mega Cab and an 03 Quad and trying to see if anyone knows how to program more than one truck.
Thanks

2006 Mega Cab 4x4
Whopping 13 mpg's!! (25,000 miles on odo.) <<Any suggestions?

Old 01-09-2007, 07:45 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: Bully Dog Triple Dog

cant be done... the programmer should be swapping the BD program for the stock program... stores the stock program on it's downloader until its put back to stock.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:46 PM
rudy_t2004
Rookie

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that once you put that programmer on your ECU it marries your computer. Soit will not work with another truck at the same time.

Rudy

Old 01-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Local Yokel
Professional

Yes, after buying the triple dog the first thing you do is plug it into your computer and go to BullyDog.com. Once there you have to set up an account. After setting up the account, you can download the updates and at some point you have to type in your VIN number. It adds your VIN to the program thats being put on the programmer so the program will only work on your truck. The only thing you can do with the programmer on a different vehicle is check for codes and turn on and off some features like seat belt chimes and so on. I played around with mine on my dads 2004 CTD to see if I could set his for tow mode but like Steve said above, it stores your stock program on the Programmer so it cant be used on another vehicle unless you put yours back to stock, go back to BullyDog.com and reset it up under a different vin ....

Old 01-12-2007, 04:38 AM
JT824Megacab
Professional

Before I bought my Bully Dog, my buddy brought his over to let me try it. He download his back to stock and plug his programmer into my truck and installed it. I tested it out and decided to get one myself. When we were done he switched everything back. He never usedmy VIN number or did any type update to his programmer via a computer.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:08 PM
usafr
All Star

Programmers have usually always been like that from what I've seen. This would prevent one person from buying one and programming the entire towns trucks. Their way of making sure they dont lose money. I don't remember if I had to put in the vin at any point or not, it's been a while since I've updated it though.

Quick Reply: Bully Dog Triple Dog