Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Banks High-Ram Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 12:59 AM
RedRacer44
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banks High-Ram Intake

Alright Steve...thanks for the info! Yeah, I looked at some tranny upgrades but....I'm not an all-out performance purist. For being 22 years old, I drive like an old man so I'm just out looking for extra gas mileage but the extra power is always great when on occasion one of my buddies with their 1/2 ton V8s or rice-grinders start to feel froggy. Then ol' black betty and me put 'em in their place I'm in need of some wheels/tires....you should see my factory wheels, its not the nice ones...rollin' on the nasty steel wheels.

My only worry so far with the auto tranny was I did notice some slight slipping with the Bully Dog on the Performance setting when I was really on it hard from a dead stop....no slipping though when hammering down when the truck was in motion. But hey...gotta love the ol' 100k Cummins warranty. Just gotta remember to put the ol' ECU back to Stock

Old 01-14-2007, 11:58 PM
josh2500
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the edge/attitude setup with a straight pipe. I drive on level 3, because it being all the stock turbo and tranny can hold. If I got the ATS intake manifold could i still drive on level 3 safely or would it be to much power for the stock turbo and tranny?

Old 01-15-2007, 12:44 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

you should still be ok. i was running mine on 3/3 which is close to your #3 setup w/o any problem.

Quick Reply: Banks High-Ram Intake